12 January 2012

Summer Reading List










As a strong advocate for the concept of print media, this year I have decided to expand my knowledge and immerse myself in some of history's great literature works. 
Now you may be wondering, what exactly do authors and classic literature have to do with fashion? Well first and foremost, most of these novels take their readers back through time, forcing them to explore and discover the culture of a past history…with culture, similarly comes, art, fashion, social norms and trends. Secondly, a large part of the fashion industry stems from the art of writing, whether it's on-line, on a blog, in a magazine or in a coffee table book, people all over the world are constantly writing about FASHION. 
By expanding my literary knowledge and forcing myself out of my comfort zone I am aiming not only to grasp a better understanding of iconic pieces of writing, but also further grow and improve my own set of skills so they can be applied to my specific areas of focus. 

On my reading list for 2012 are… 
Emma, by Jane Austen
Wuthering Heights by Emily Brontë
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë.
Men Without Women by Ernest Hemingway
The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
The Poetry of Robert Frost 


No comments:

Post a Comment