1 November 2011

The Not-so-Basic Tee

















T-shirt also T shirt or tee (t shûrt ).
n.
1. A short- sleeved, buttonless and collarless under or outer shirt.
2. A lightweight simple garment for the upper body, usually short sleeved with a round neck line.
[so called because of its shape]

The basic tee is that magical piece in your wardrobe that somehow gives any outfit instant fashion status. Worn best with an, ‘I don’t give a f**k,’ attitude, the t-shirt oozes casual cool, understated style and gives off an, ‘I just rolled out of bed, and pulled on the first thing I found, but don’t I look frigging amazing,’ vibe.
Block colours, stripes, prints or text, a basic tee, (or ten), is an absolute fashion staple regardless of the season. Knotted up and worn with some statement shorts or layered over a maxi skirt, à la Miss MK Olsen, the t-shirt is my new obsession and I’m just a little bit addicted.


2 comments:

  1. Great Inspiration! I think the "I don't give a f*ck" is an apt description of how one should be worn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I'm glad you love it too!!

    C&C xx

    ReplyDelete