15 November 2011

Karlie Kloss, Fashion’s Ballerina












Karlie Kloss recently walked in her very first Victoria Secrets Show, so I though it only fair to do a little bit of background research on this amazing model who is quickly becoming on of my favorites!
Born in Chicago on August 3, 1992, this 19 year old credits her poetic, beautiful stride to the years she spent studying at Caston's Ballet Academy. Karlie Elizabeth Kloss, (kick ass name don’t you think?) was discovered at 13 years old and two years later, in August 2007, she appeared in her first Teen Vogue editorial, a month before making her professional runway debut for Calvin Klein. “I never imagined myself doing this. Doors opened for me and I ran for it,” said Kloss.
In September 2009, US Vogue featured Kloss as one of their favourite faces. "She's an amazing model," said Steven Meisel in the article. "She knows clothes. She has tons of energy. She will add things to the shoot that I would never have thought of." However, Kloss is proving to be a fashion favourite all around the world, with Vogue Australia’s Editor in Chief, Kirstie Clements explaining, "She's just got it!"
With her killer bod, classic looks and graceful stride, expect Karlie Kloss to be remaining on the fashion radar for quite some time yet!  


No comments:

Post a Comment